Welcome to the IGCSE Additional Maths learning portal. We recommend the following method in order to learn effectively and achieve excellent results in your exams.
1. Print out a copy of the lecture notes (arranged by topics).
2. Together with the chosen topic’s notes, listen to the relevant teaching video. Use pen and paper to make notes and annotations on your printed copy. You should have a calculator with you always to perform your calculations.
3. Where there are questions to try and practise please do so. The questions and examples are taken from recommended texts and past year questions. These texts are excellent sources of reference.
4. If you do not understand some particular idea or note please feel free to check with us. We suggest emailing us or later put up your questions in our forum/blog. We will make every effort to reply to all questions promptly within a reasonable time (2 working days).
5. We have a large questions base for additional practice namely Revision Workbook for IGCSE Add Maths Year 10 and Year 11. These are strictly for viewing online only. The teaching material follow closely the igcse syllabus.
Good luck and we hope you will enjoy your learning experience with us. May success be yours.
** Some information on the IGCSE exams
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is an internationally recognised qualification for school students typically in the ages 14-17.It is similar to GCSE in England , Wales, Ireland and Scotland. It was developed by University of Cambridge International Exams in 1988.The term ‘IGCSE ‘ is the registered trademark of the University of Cambridge. The IGCSE is an international alternative to many popular national curriculum. It is a qualification based on individual subjects of study. It is predominantly exam based. It is a viable option for many home schooling educators. Its academic worth is comparable to many secondary schools worldwide eg England’s GCSE, American GED or high school diploma, Hong Kong’s HKCEE and Singapore’s O level. It prepares students for further academic study including progression to As and A level study, Pre University and IB Diploma Programme and other equivalents. It is highly recognised around the world by academic institutions and employers. In 2010, it was estimated that these exams were taken by students in over 120 countries worldwide.
We have deemed this IGCSE additional maths subject important and able to provide an excellent foundation to prepare students to take on further pre u maths courses. Hence this is our first offering online to be followed closely by higher level maths subjects.
** Questions were taken from the following texts:
O level effective guide Additional Maths by Thomas Cheong/Chris Choy
(published by Cosmic Services Spore)
New Additional Maths by Ho Soo Thong/Khor Nyak Hiong
(published by SNP Panpac Pte Ltd Spore)
Igcse additional maths past year exam questions